"I mean, I like to brag," de Weird Al Yankovic, "but I am very satisfied with my position in life and how things have worked for me."
What Happened When Weird Al Has Grown 
For over a quarter century, Weird Al has made a career of his two passions: music and comedy. Parodies and satirical songs and videos have won a legion of devoted fans - two million of them follow him on Twitter. He won three Grammy Awards and sold more comedy albums than any other artist in history.


Not bad for a geek in Lynwood, California.

And now, Hawaiian shirt-wearing, harmonica playing, curly hair pop satirist also call himself an author of books for children.

Tuesday Yankovic book, "When I Grow Up" lands on the shelves. The book, published by Harper Collins, bears the signature Yankovic, geek humor in what is proving to be a child who is very sweet and giving Picturebook. It focuses on what Billy, an 8 strong years, imagine that it could be when he grows up.

Of course, it seems to write books for children has become a popular hobby for celebrities loving care. But Yankovic was inspired by, of all things, the professional advice of his father.

"As my father told me, the only sign that indicates the success in life is to be able to do to live what makes you happy," said Yankovic. And what made him happy 's is proved to be a career, Yankovic admits, no one in his family have never thought about going in the direction it has.

"One of the reasons for which he was inspired to write this book because my career has been a sort of vicious circle," he said. "I went to college and received a degree in architecture, because when I was 12 I was a consultant to talk about me from my dreams is a comic book artist of MAD Magazine."
Bookmark and Share

Total Pageviews